POINT. SHOOT. SHARE.
SHARE YOUR UNDERWATER WORLD EXPERIENCE
When you visit UnderWater World, you’ll experience life
under the sea:
- Come nose to nose with a giant grouper
- Witness a shark feeding
- See stingrays swimming just inches from your fingertips
You’ll want to take pictures, shoot video and share your comments on
Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. You might just see your shots on our
website! Best of all, if you share on Twitter, you can win prizes!
Visit our EXHIBITS section to see the stories our guests have told.
You can participate in Point. Shoot. Share. by sharing your experience on any of your favorite social media platforms. To win prizes, however, you’ll need a Twitter account.
- Login or sign up for a Twitter account
- Follow @UWWGuam on Twitter
- Tweet about your UnderWater World experience by posting comments, photos and video using our unique #hashtags posted throughout the facility
- Prize notifications will be sent via Direct Message from @UWWGuam
Twitter participants will be awarded prizes on a progressive scale and accumulate to a total of six (6). You will be notified of your prize winnings through Twitter’s Direct Message, so be sure to follow @UWWGuam when you begin.
The more you share, the more you can earn!
- 10% – 20% off retail purchase
- FREE appetizer with purchase of entree in one of our restaurants
- FREE gift at retail store
- 50% off admission to Kaitei Lounge
- UnderWater World Gift Bag (Valued at $50.00)
Quarterly Grand Prize
Every three (3) months, the participants who complete the challenge – including 15 different #hashtags total – will be entered into a random drawing for a $500 gift basket from local retailers. Winner will be notified via Twitter’s Direct Messaging.
Q: I don’t use a smart phone. Can I still upload photos from my computer when I get back to the hotel?
A: Yes. All photos, videos and comments with appropriate #hashtags posted to Twitter within seven (7) days of your visit will count toward the available prizes.
Q: How many different #hashtags are there?
A: There are a total of 18 different #hashtags throughout the facility, but you need only post to 15 of them to be eligible for the grand prize drawing.
Q: If I take lots of pictures in the tunnel and post 15 of them using #uwwtunnel, will I get credit for all 15?
A: No. The program is set up to encourage interaction with all the different areas of our facility – from the lobby and aquarium tunnel all the way through our restaurants and retail shop. We award participation from 15 different areas, each with a unique #hashtag
Q: I don’t have a Twitter account. Can I still participate?
A: Absolutely! We encourage you to share your experience on any of your favorite social media platforms. However, only entries submitted via Twitter will be eligible for prizes. If you want to enter for prizes, simply sign up for a free Twitter account and follow @UWWGuam (that’s UnderWater World’s Twitter handle). When you post pictures or video to your Twitter account using the designated #hashtags posted throughout our facility, we’ll be able to see it and reward you for your participation.
Q: How do I know if I earn a prize?
A: Once you have reached a prize level of participation, you will receive a notification via Direct Message from @UWWGuam.
Q: Can I post my pictures to Facebook or Instagram instead of Twitter?
A: You can share your images on any of your social media platforms, however only the posts you share via Twitter that include the appropriate #hashtags will count toward prizes.
Q: What kind of prizes are available?
A: All the prizes available are highlighted on the PRIZES tab of this page.
Q: How do I enter for a chance to win the grand prize?
A: Every three (3) months, the participants who complete the challenge – including 15 different #hashtags total – will be entered into a random drawing for a $500 gift basket from local retailers. Winners will be notified via Twitter’s Direct Messaging.
The UnderWater World Point. Shoot. Share. program is a year-round opportunity for guests to share their aquarium experience via social media.
- Participants must post pictures, videos or comments via Twitter using 15 different #hashtags within a 7-day period to be eligible for prizes.
- If #hashtags are used more than once, participants will only receive a single entry.
- Participants may upload multiple photos/videos from each designated location, but they will only count toward that single #hashtag.
- Participants are encouraged to share photos on Instagram and Facebook, but these photos will not be considered when receiving the prizes.
- Prizes are awarded after the first (1), fourth (4), seventh (7), tenth (10), thirteenth (13) and fifteenth (15) #hashtag photos, videos or comments are posted to Twitter.
- Each participant who uploads files/comments at all 15 different #hashtag locations will receive a prize notification via a link sent through Twitter’s Direct Messaging capabilities.
- Every three (3) months, the participants who complete all 15 #hashtags will be entered into a random drawing for a grand prize – $500 gift basket from local retailers. Winner will be notified via Twitter’s Direct Messaging.
- By using the designated UnderWater World #hashtags, you automatically grant UnderWater World permission to use your text and image, through the UWW website, for use in UWW publications such as catalogs, newsletters, brochures, advertisements, and electronic versions of the same publications or on UWW websites or other electronic forms or media such as Facebook, Twitter and Flickr, and to offer them for use or distribution in other publications, electronic or otherwise, without notification.
- Although they are encouraged to participate, prizes are not available to employees (or family members) of UnderWater World.
- UnderWater World reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend this program at any time.